View Single Post
Old 06-26-2024, 11:54 AM  
sonofsam
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSkywalker View Post
Do you find training hard or diet puts on more muscle. Or is it (for you) a combination of both, and to what percentage of each?

For me it’s 55% training hard
45% diet (40 g protein a meal x6)
I can’t grow from training alone, and diet alone either.

What works for you? I’d like to know
Getting fit is probably 90% diet

I suggest going to tdeecalculator.net to find out your base calories (The calories you need to eat to maintain the same weight). It will also give you your macros you should aim for to build muscle. Generally it's 1gram of protein per lb /day

Find out your base metabolic rate. These would be the amount of calories you need to eat every day to stay the same weight.

The general rule of thumb is to eat 500calories above that to put on healthy weight, and 500calories below that to lose 1lb a week.

1 lb of fat is 3500/calories. So a 500 calorie deficit you'd need to have to lose 1 lb of fat a week.

A lot of people don't realize how many calories are in things, and that's why it's so easy to put on weight and struggle with losing it.

An average male probably has a base metabolic rate of 2500 calories. A starbucks latte can be 600 calories. A mcdonalds meal 1500+