View Single Post
Old 07-24-2024, 03:20 AM  
VizerCato
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoplifter View Post
How did July 1-15 go for you?

I have to go back more than two years to find a slower period.
It has been a very slow couple of periods. My user base is quite old and well fed, some of my spenders signed up all the way back in 2015, and my program consists of thousands of accounts a spending a little rather than one huge deep pocket “whale”, so I have a rather stable income, almost no variation, and yet my revenue is down 2 or 3 standard deviations from my average.

There is something to be said about the political climate in the US, how this instability is making people weary and when anxiety is in the air everyone lets go of their crotch to clutch the wallet. However, I am not seeing the same effect in some of my other affiliate programs, for instance, my Stripcash account while a bit slower because it’s the summer, isn’t seeing such a dramatic drop in revenue.

One of my theories is Chaturbate’s careless algorithm for placement in the promo tools is finally catching up with the spending patterns of the tippers site wide. This is one of those compound effects easy to overlook on the short term but the impact is dramatic over the long haul. The algo is not good for affiliates because it doesn’t drive much traffic, the conversion rate is poor and this translates into less density of tipping. Meaning… there is much less tipping action per 1000 users. When there is less tipping users who tip are also less inclined to tip so it has a snowball effect. So if you are driving less traffic, if your traffic is converting poorly or if your accounts aren’t spending as much as they used to, the problem is with Chaturbates promo tools algorithm.
VizerCato is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote