View Single Post
Old 07-26-2024, 08:19 AM  
Brad Mitchell
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gar View Post
Can you compare your storage and CDN with bunny.net?

Cloud is a wow. I will definitely check them out!
Hi Gar,

Thank you very much for your question. There are lots of differences between our solutions and the ones you are asking about. At the highest level, MojoHost is selling solutions that encompass the entire hosting environment, whereas Bunny CDN is in the business of selling CDN and it's storage product is a derivative or piece of that to feed CDN egress.

This means we can be accountable for the entire client stack and business results for your entire surfer experience. While we are happy to also just direct sell our components, such as storage or CDN, our larger offer of complete service is compelling and not comparable to solutions they are selling.

As unbundled products, you'll find that their storage per GB is less expensive but that it expects egress to their CDN, which is more expensive. It's nearly always the case that client libraries are lesser GBs than they are expecting to egress to the WWW or via CDN. Our everyday low price on CDN is .005 per GB of transfer on a prepay, or .01 per GB pay-per-use. Our everyday rates for CDN of .005-.01/GB include a true premium global delivery from 6 continents, whereas they charge a premium for deliveries outside of North America and Europe. According to Bunny's web site, you'd have to use their 'bulk network' to achieve rates of .005-.004/GB on volumes of up to 1 petabyte. I'm offering clients the same rate on that first GB of transfer.

For example, if you wanted to store 10TB in our object storage this would cost $230 per month in our MojoFire product. This is publicly accessible WWW storage, so you can use this hot tier to serve to a CDN or direct to your surfers. The rate for egress transfer is on actual usage, defaults to .005 per GB transfer, for premium outbound network delivery from our high IOP/s cloud storage platform. Clients who also purchase MojoCDN get a rate that is half as much, .0025 per GB of transfer, for egress to CDN or the WWW.

Using the business example of someone who may store 10TB of content and serve 10TB of egress traffic, at face value and without MojoCDN, it would cost you $230 to store the data and $50 for data transfer. If you were to store 10TB at BunnyCDN it would cost you $100 for storage and $100 for 10TB of egress to North America and Europe, with additional charges for egress to other continents over their premium CDN. If you used their bulk CDN, then it would cost you $100 for storage and $50 for egress at their rate of .005 per GB from NA/EU. Seems like a savings, right? Well, let's do some mature math on a comparable MojoHost Solution. First, our product is going to give you a premium deliverable from all continents, and second, let's admit that none of us understands the 'quality difference' between their 'premium' and 'bulk' CDNs. Besides the geographic exclusions, we can all reasonably assume there is different delivery logic and infrastructure that would be tangible. Back to the math, if you were to combine MojoFire storage and MojoCDN, you would be paying $230 for 10TB of storage, .0025/GB on MojoFire egress transfer to MojoCDN. MojoCDN averages a 90% cache ratio. So to achieve 10TB of egress on MojoCDN, let's assume 1TB of egress charges from MojoFire because most of your content will live in the cache. This means you will pay $230 for MojoFire Storage, $2.50 for MojoFire data transfer, and $50 for MojoCDN data transfer. This totals $282.50. Your comparable charge for Bunny's premium CDN would be $100 for storage, $100 for data transfer from North America and Europe, and an unknown amount for premium data transfer of 3 cents to 6 cents from the other continents - which adds up quickly. If you were on their discount solution then you have a potential savings of up to $130 per month. This, however, would get quickly usurped on volume of data transfer using their premium product. At the point where you doing 40TB of data transfer, your cost from MojoFire and MojoCDN is $430+- from MojoHost as all premium delivery and $500+- on BunnyCDN for their premium delivery but not counting Bunny's 3-6x rates on delivery from other continents.

All of this is easy to administrate with us and requires no complex negotiation or commitments. Let's get real on real use case scenarios, beyond the entry level. But first, I would point out, that all solutions in the realm of entry level include levels of support from MojoHost which aren't achievable from Bunny. At the point when clients are pushing 100s of terabytes or multiple petabytes, MojoHost clients are talking to Natalie and I and we are custom crafting pricing solutions. We are a service organization, not a sales organization. We have never lost a deal on price.

I'll say it again. WE HAVE NEVER LOST A DEAL ON PRICE. Our clients are happy, we move with them, whether it's up or down, to follow their business needs with all respect and without frustrations or complicated requirements. Your business gets handed hell in a handbag? Natalie and I will flip things on a dime to support your business' financial requirements. Nobody else is going to do that. You're growing exponentially? We are going to move faster than anyone to support your financial and technical needs - and we won't make you commit to the moon to support you on volumetric changes. See other companies, they are all sales organizations, and they're going to make you commit to things that you don't necessarily know you're going to need in the future, to "give" you what your business needs as it grows. We all know growth can be fleeting, and this is my largest argument as to why a partnership with MojoHost is the most beneficial.

We support our industry fully. I am on the board of Pineapple support and ASACP.ORG. MojoHost donates monthly to those two charities, plus the Free Speech Coalition. Additionally, we have taken on and are personally funding the fight at the Supreme Court level against the State of Texas legislation. As the web host of more than 2,000+ adult companies, we are fully committed to providing the best technical solutions in an ever-complicated environment. We give back to the industry and are highly accountable in ways that other vendors do not.

Lastly, I would like to point out that from a technical perspective, our PoP list of 53 POPs across 6 continents is overkill. It's complete horseshit to advertise that serving you from 123 global PoPs is a better solution. Small PoPs are generally meaningless and truly complicate delivery, as your items will never stay in caches everywhere. It's more of a marketing deception than a qualitative feature to market a network with that many locations and can easily result in a worse deliverable. What I suspect (but don't know for sure) is actually happening, is their larger PoP list is actually simply the resale or load-balancing via what we would refer to as multi-CDN of at least two CDNs, plus a few meaningful origin locations of their own, whereby they can average down their costs of delivery by leveraging a couple of their own tweaked server clusters and a low egress cost of raw bandwidth.

Please feel free to contact us to discuss your solution requirements. We kick ass for the last 25 years. We work hard and anyone who ever gives us the time of day to truly evaluate what's under the hood here has always been impressed with our technical teams and underlying infrastructure.

Cheers,

Brad