View Single Post
Old 08-17-2024, 10:10 AM  
Wautier
pleb

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by celandina View Post
OK I do get your point, and yes we make 100% of our content.

Speaking of your example I am not sure I am clear. This hypothetical cam girl, makes her own original content, maybe simpler but in principle same as us. All our movies are electronically fingerprinted, she can do the same . No ? and as to SERP? These are overrated. But in any case, she should register a domain and should not call herself Kamala ( or any other common name and stick to her domain) and problem with SERP will be fixed. No?
She makes her own original content, and yes, she owns the copyright to the said content. Much like yourself, a lot of them register their works as well.

Now, none of those things are an issue here... the issue is the brandability; their names are often generic (for privacy reasons) and they do not wish to have a unique brand due to stalkers, so we find ourselves in situations where you have these companies sending fraudulent notices based on nothing more than a generic keyword...

Is it the cam girl's fault? No, I don't think so... the companies should search for the infringing content manually, and remove the said content.

The cam girl isn't affected, it's website owners like Freeones.com (one of the few honest people in the business) that get the raw end of the deal for no apparent reason.

Same with people like @mechanicvirus and @jscott, they run legit sites and get shit for no reason. They are affiliates, and they use legal promo content, they get these notices due to generic names.