View Single Post
Old 08-24-2024, 07:27 AM  
Huggles
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlySober View Post
Pretty sure they can also just piss & shit in the street without police harassment.
I feel like the government is purposefully creating a situation where the streets are an open gulag.

Vancouver's skid row was never this bad... like even just in the late 1990's it was not even close to this gross. Back in 2010 I would go to hipster underground bars and after-hours clubs in some of the run down buildings right in this area and it wasn't even close to this bad. There was a chicken place in one of the buildings in one of the clips of the video just as recent as like 2016... I know because the owner invited us for lunch and we brought our infant daughter in a car seat and had lunch there, and then walked to Chinatown for some steamed dumplings to go... and the neighbourhood STILL wasn't NEARLY as bad only 11 years ago.

I don't want to just blame Trudeau because there are a lot of other people to blame, but as soon as Trudeau got into power, things steadily got worse until COVID... then once COVID happened, it was a full on zombie apocalypse of non-stop misery, suffering, and death.

It should be a national embarrassment because so many of the people fucked up down there are disabled or mentally ill and should be in an asylum, but, instead, they dump people down there with no supervision. Just seems evil.