View Single Post
Old 09-14-2024, 07:32 PM  
JesseQuinn
feeding the wolves

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy2 View Post
spending $7/day in food total here (200thb) and thats eating out 3 times daily at local markets, stalls, and 7-11 for my daily dark chocolate bars
food cost-wise we're in the same range. I do take my vitamins and drink my glycerna shakes (factored into my $8 or so per day) as I don't eat meat (ethical reasons) or grains (can't eat wheat, don't like the rest) and have nowhere near a semblance of a balanced diet otherwise. I try to drink one a day but usually fail at that, they are very rich

don't keep a lot in my fridge or cupboards. the social exchange of buying something warmed by the sun gives me an appetite. the fridge is mostly for nailpolish, condoms and (tap) ice water

what I def don't do is spend half a food budget on gas station booze and shitty prepackaged wilted lettuce and stale bread and then complain about rising food costs

you have to admit it's a lot easier for us outside NA folks though. I'm guessing no one sells mangoes on Huggles' stretch of highway that stands in as replacement for actual street life

JA fits me, outside the city fresh food is so plentiful I can revert back to my preference for eating really small portions every few hours without looking strange. like, I'm hungry, I get a fresh lime water. then later, buy an otaheite apple, etc throughout the day

as to my cigs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy2 View Post
smoking...addicts always have to be doing something they cant just chill and sit still
I'll sit still when I'm dead
JesseQuinn is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote