GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Business Marketing strategy for the gay hookup site (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1359989)

dado_rocks 12-09-2022 12:00 PM

Marketing strategy for the gay hookup site

I'm gay and a developer. I plan to create a gay hook-up site, for sex only. The only purpose of the site will be to find someone for sex, not dating. I've been using other sites/apps for years so I noticed their flaws and things that can be improved, removed or added. I listened to people and read what people were saying or wanting. I really think I can improve things.

I know how the gay community is secretive. I understand that people are secretive about their sexual desires when finding someone online. I know that marketing to that specific niche can be hard, finding the right online community or the right place to start from.

Believe me I was googling and researching but information about it is sooo scarce. I couldn't find any useful information. A really important thing that I realized is that I should go local, like target a specific city because if you want to have sex you want to do it with someone nearby. The problem is how to market in a specific city from remote destination.

I cannot really use FB ads or such (since we are talking about sex). Even if I can run FB ads, targeting gay population is next to impossible, not even sure FB allows that. On top of all FB's policy on advertising dating or hookup sites/apps are super strict. With all those restrictions on FB it totally kills the main purpose of the site I want to make.

I'm not really sure what would be the best way to do it

AMDWarrior 12-21-2022 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dado_rocks (Post 23070922)
I'm gay and a developer. I plan to create a gay hook-up site, for sex only. The only purpose of the site will be to find someone for sex, not dating. I've been using other sites/apps for years so I noticed their flaws and things that can be improved, removed or added. I listened to people and read what people were saying or wanting. I really think I can improve things.

I know how the gay community is secretive. I understand that people are secretive about their sexual desires when finding someone online. I know that marketing to that specific niche can be hard, finding the right online community or the right place to start from.

Believe me I was googling and researching but information about it is sooo scarce. I couldn't find any useful information. A really important thing that I realized is that I should go local, like target a specific city because if you want to have sex you want to do it with someone nearby. The problem is how to market in a specific city from remote destination.

I cannot really use FB ads or such (since we are talking about sex). Even if I can run FB ads, targeting gay population is next to impossible, not even sure FB allows that. On top of all FB's policy on advertising dating or hookup sites/apps are super strict. With all those restrictions on FB it totally kills the main purpose of the site I want to make.

I'm not really sure what would be the best way to do it

Lol dont..