GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Business Be careful if you want to register .pink (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1159158)

CreativeXXX 01-16-2015 05:49 PM

Be careful if you want to register .pink

Hello!
I register in November a .pink domain and pay 12,00 Euros.

Now (16th January) I get an mail from my domain provider. He tells me, for "technical" issue the registry for .pink sold "premium" domains for a cheaper price.

The new price is 875,00 Euros plus tax.

I have the choice to pay this new price or give back the domain to the registry.

I will do the last option.

So - be careful if you want register an .pink domain. It could happens that your domain will be "premium" and you should be pay more.
On the basis of the terms of the registry, they can change everytime the price if some "technical" problems happens ...

Cheers
BEE

420 01-16-2015 05:55 PM

That doesn't sound legit.

What do they consider premium? I can register cock.pink right now for regular price.

klinton 01-16-2015 05:55 PM

who is your registrar ? :-)

CreativeXXX 01-16-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420 (Post 20360746)
What do they consider premium?

I register the domain josie.pink ... I have no idea what "josie" should be premium ...

CreativeXXX 01-16-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klinton (Post 20360747)
who is your registrar ? :-)

Key-Systems - but it's not the problem of Key-Systems, it's from the .pink registry.

420 01-16-2015 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeXXX (Post 20360751)
Key-Systems - but it's not the problem of Key-Systems, it's from the .pink registry.

I guess they will take it if they have the power to take it.

It sounds like a scam to wait a few months and try to extort more money.

iamBoogieman 01-16-2015 08:38 PM

Its too much.

baddog 01-16-2015 11:31 PM

I wonder if Susan G. Komen got involved

CreativeXXX 01-17-2015 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 420 (Post 20360801)
I guess they will take it if they have the power to take it.

I'm working many years with Key-Systems, in this time I buy a few thousand domains ... never have any problems with them.
If something happens, they are very helpful.

I can't believe that KS has something to do with this.

On Monday I will consult my lawyer and ask him, what he think about this.

Marvin_AWB 01-17-2015 05:20 AM

This sounds very unprofessional, no matter whose fault it is.

I'd also recommend to consult your lawyer.

adultchatpay 01-17-2015 05:35 AM

L.Pink is premium

TobySwan 01-17-2015 05:39 AM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...3/576/Wat8.jpg

Goethe 03-14-2015 07:59 PM

Any follow up on dot pink domains?

L-Pink 03-14-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adultchatpay (Post 20361078)
L.Pink is premium

:thumbsup :1orglaugh:1orglaugh

NaughtyVisions 03-14-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 20360992)
I wonder if Susan G. Komen got involved

I was thinking, between Komen and Victoria's Secret's use of "Pink" in their lines of apparel, I'd be leary of registering anything .pink.

Not that I can think of any real reason to have a .pink domain anyway, unless it was samecolorinside.pink

SilentKnight 03-14-2015 09:28 PM

I'm no lawyer, but it sure sounds like an extortion racket.

I'd be consulting an attorney for advice.

BlackCrayon 03-14-2015 09:38 PM

if this is true tell the domain bloggers. this will get publicity and may convince afilias to back off.

InfoGuy 03-15-2015 02:12 AM

Buy quality .com domains and forget about these shitty new TLDs.

JFK 03-15-2015 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentKnight (Post 20418534)
I'm no lawyer, but it sure sounds like an extortion racket.

I'd be consulting an attorney for advice.

:2 cents::thumbsup

CreativeXXX 03-15-2015 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackCrayon (Post 20418537)
if this is true tell the domain bloggers. this will get publicity and may convince afilias to back off.

Yes, it's true ...

Actual status:

On January 21th I got an mail from my Registrar and they ask me, what I want to do: Pay more or give it back.

I wrote that I don't pay more and that I send an complaint to the ICANN.

I get no more answers and the domain is still in my portfolio.

On March 3rd, I get an mail from the ICANN:

ICANN does not have contractual authority to address any customer-service related matters that fall outside of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) e.g. over billing, multiple billing or the amounts charged as transfer fees. Complaints about a registrar's performance that cannot be resolved with a registrar may be addressed by private-sector agencies involved in addressing customer complaints.

and on March 11th, I get also this mail from ICANN:

Please note that ICANN?s authority is purely contractual and limited to the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (?RAA?), the Registry Agreements (RA) and ICANN?s Consensus Policies. ICANN does not have contractual authority to address any customer-service related matters that fall outside of the aforementioned agreements e.g. pricing. ICANN does not set minimum or maximum prices for registrations and renewals. Pricing decisions are within the discretion of the contracted parties, subject to compliance with the terms of the RAA and RA.

In order to assist ICANN in determining whether ICANN has authority to intervene, please provide the following records and information before 18 March 2015:

- A copy of all your communications with the registrar regarding this matter and a copy of the registration agreement that you entered into when registering the domain name.

Will see what the future brings ;-)

Cheers
BEE

BlackCrayon 03-15-2015 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeXXX (Post 20418645)
Yes, it's true ...

Actual status:

On January 21th I got an mail from my Registrar and they ask me, what I want to do: Pay more or give it back.

I wrote that I don't pay more and that I send an complaint to the ICANN.

I get no more answers and the domain is still in my portfolio.

On March 3rd, I get an mail from the ICANN:

ICANN does not have contractual authority to address any customer-service related matters that fall outside of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) e.g. over billing, multiple billing or the amounts charged as transfer fees. Complaints about a registrar's performance that cannot be resolved with a registrar may be addressed by private-sector agencies involved in addressing customer complaints.

and on March 11th, I get also this mail from ICANN:

Please note that ICANN’s authority is purely contractual and limited to the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (“RAA”), the Registry Agreements (RA) and ICANN’s Consensus Policies. ICANN does not have contractual authority to address any customer-service related matters that fall outside of the aforementioned agreements e.g. pricing. ICANN does not set minimum or maximum prices for registrations and renewals. Pricing decisions are within the discretion of the contracted parties, subject to compliance with the terms of the RAA and RA.

In order to assist ICANN in determining whether ICANN has authority to intervene, please provide the following records and information before 18 March 2015:

- A copy of all your communications with the registrar regarding this matter and a copy of the registration agreement that you entered into when registering the domain name.

Will see what the future brings ;-)

Cheers
BEE

when i first read this last night i read it as 800k...800 euros is not that surprising. its happened quite a bit that these so called 'premium' domains are sold as non premium and suddenly they want more money. just another reason to stick with .com and avoid these new gtlds as anything goes with them it seems.

Relentless 03-15-2015 09:45 AM

.support did the same thing with a domain I pre-registered

Bladewire 03-15-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relentless (Post 20418825)
.support did the same thing with a domain I pre-registered

How much they try to bump it up to?