GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Affiliate managers (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1341588)

iwantfreedom 02-04-2021 08:33 AM

Affiliate managers

Is it common for affiliate account managers get a commission of the affiliate earnings?

TheLegacy 02-04-2021 09:12 AM

It is extremely difficult to answer this question since every company is different. Some companies simply offer a % of ongoing sales - while others may have a time period. Some even pay a base salary with commissions - but if the rep isn't doing well they are the first ones to go. There is always a need to lock down an affiliate managers information since many were jumping ship and going to another company and getting a job simply by saying, "I got customer lists".

Yet generally speaking a manager does get commissions of their company affiliate accounts earnings.

Nicky 02-04-2021 09:24 AM

It's fairly common yes. At least some sort of % or bonus depending on base salary and other things.

j3rkules 02-04-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky (Post 22817134)
It's fairly common yes. At least some sort of % or bonus depending on base salary and other things.

From what I have seen, it is quite common indeed these days.

:thumbsup

Rochard 02-04-2021 02:19 PM

When I worked at Lightspeed Cash I was always paid partially on commission. Dating Factory too.

There is no better way to motivate someone.

Colmike9 02-04-2021 02:42 PM

I usually got paid a salary that was too high for me to be making any kind of bonuses.
Except Dating Factory, the bonuses doubled my pay, and that was pretty cool.

adultchatpay 02-04-2021 11:24 PM

They paid mostly on commission.
Having a fix salary is not viable.. whether i bring 5 affiliates or 500 affiliates, my salary is the same.
With commission based, you get compensated by your hard work.

itx 02-05-2021 03:21 AM

Nice, they need to be motivated, so we all win.

RyuLion 02-05-2021 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itx (Post 22817552)
Nice, they need to be motivated, so we all win.

yeap, incentives is key! :2 cents: :thumbsup

Sergio 02-05-2021 05:48 AM

Salary + % the best way to motivate

PorcoRosso 02-06-2021 03:22 AM

For the braves I recommend reading the book "The sales acceleration Formula" by Mark Roberge, one of guys that built Hubspot from 0 to hundreds of millions dollars revenues.
It's a really inspiring and practical book that's totally applicable to our industry's context.
1/3 of the book is about "building an effective compensation plan for your sales team".

Tbh a few months ago we were contemplating the challenge of expanding our sales/affiliation/advertising team from 2 to 10 members... and I realised I was outdated in my "sales management knowledge".

I found a fantastic update in this book that's I've read and listened (the audiobook is good) about 10 times, and that our team is reading as well.

I've read 5+ other sales books recently, and that one is I think really the best for that situation