GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Webmaster Q & Fuckin' A (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Google Manual Action Cloaking and Sneaky Redirects (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1180522)

Riffnraff3 12-09-2015 06:49 AM

Google Manual Action Cloaking and Sneaky Redirects

This is the 2nd time in a month I got slapped with a manual action on the same site. I was able to get the first one removed with a reconsideration request within a few days. But now they did it again. The big problem is that they applied it to my domain so it knocks out all my sub sites too.

I removed Traffdaq and Juicyads pops that may have helped to get the manual action lifted. I had some backlinks created that could be causing issues too.

Should I let this one go and start over with a new domain or continue playing this game with Google?

j3rkules 12-09-2015 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riffnraff3 (Post 20662445)
This is the 2nd time in a month I got slapped with a manual action on the same site. I was able to get the first one removed with a reconsideration request within a few days. But now they did it again. The big problem is that they applied it to my domain so it knocks out all my sub sites too.

I removed Traffdaq and Juicyads pops that may have helped to get the manual action lifted. I had some backlinks created that could be causing issues too.

Should I let this one go and start over with a new domain or continue playing this game with Google?

Recommended action
First, review Google?s Webmaster Guidelines on cloaking and sneaky redirects.
Next, follow the steps below to identify and correct the violation(s) on your site:
Use the Fetch as Google tool in Search Console to fetch pages from the affected area of your site.
Compare the content fetched by Google to the content seen by a human user (you!) when visiting the site.
If the content differs, identify and remove the part of your site that?s serving different content to Google and users. This will require looking through your site?s code on the server.
Check for URLs on your site that redirect users to somewhere other than where they expected to go.
Check for URLs on your site that redirect conditionally, for example by only redirecting users coming from Google search, or only users coming from a particular range of IP addresses.
If your site redirects users in any of these ways, identify and remove the part of your site that generates these redirects. This will require looking through your site?s code on the server.
Tip: These types of redirects are often written in JavaScript, or in your .htaccess file. You might also check your content management system and any plugins.

redwhiteandblue 12-10-2015 03:28 AM

I think if the backlinks were a problem they would say so. Or, they may still be a problem but they are not part of this manual action.