GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Webmaster Q & Fuckin' A (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   How to Block Proxy Sites? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1089801)

epeters 11-19-2012 05:27 AM

How to Block Proxy Sites?

Hi all,

I have unique adult gaming content on various websites. A lot of these adult games get copied, which I do not mind since at least I get back links to my site. However I noticed recently that my games are being played through a whole bunch of proxy sites.
They strip the games from back links, affiliate links and ad links. Without the codes there is not chance anymore to make some money. And most of these proxy sites are full of popups and ads. I have added the urls of some of these sites to this message.

Any advise how to bar these sites from accessing my site (.php) or code I could add to the games (.swf)?

hidefap
vtunnel
ktunnel
frpoxy
unblockbypass
ninjacloack
above-and.appspot
ebsteproxysites
boratproxy
ztunnel
proxyforschool.info
slyuser
lionjelly
ramboproxy.info
anonymouse.org
m.proxy.kz
circumventer.info

senortriangulo 11-19-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epeters (Post 19321069)
Any advise how to bar these sites from accessing my site (.php) or code I could add to the games (.swf)? o

If someone is actually copying your SWFS to their server, then this has to be solved on the Flash side. You should be able to do this easily by setting up a crossdomain policy. This will prevent Flash movies from making HTTP requests to your server.

Know that this will prevent any flash apps from calling back to your server that aren't listed in your cross domain policy. Now just create a page on your server, it can be a text file with one word like "OK" or "SUCCESS". We just want to see if the flash app can make the request successfully.

Just use a URL request to retrieve that page. If the SWF is hosted on a server that is not listed in your crossdomain policy, the URLRequest will throw an exception.

You catch the exception and shut the game down, simple as that. You could provide a page in the flash movie that allows you to click back and run the game on your site too.

Simple solution, should take no more than a few lines of code to solve. :2 cents:

-st

epeters 11-19-2012 08:11 AM

thanks seniortriangulo, really appreciate your suggestion. I will see if I can make this work and I hope that more site owners will do this. It seems that there is a surge in proxy sites.

Cheers, Evert

dobry_den 11-29-2012 01:55 AM

You can stick some lines in your .htaccess file: perishablepress.com/ how-to-block-proxy-servers-via-htaccess/ (Remove space)

Why would you shut off **user traffic** just because it's tunneled through a gateway?

Baffling.

epeters 12-02-2012 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry_den (Post 19337722)
You can stick some lines in your .htaccess file: perishablepress.com/ how-to-block-proxy-servers-via-htaccess/ (Remove space)

Why would you shut off **user traffic** just because it's tunneled through a gateway?

Baffling.

Privet Dobre Den,

The games use videos hosted on my server. Traffic is substantial (50 TB a month), for which I have to pay. There is no conversion of visitors tunneled through gateways.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Cheers
Evert

CamsMaster 12-02-2012 06:19 AM

by IP ?! or IP range ?

epeters 12-06-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamsMaster (Post 19342806)
by IP ?! or IP range ?

I do not understand your question, Camsmaster