GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   GFY Educational Series (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Buying Content - exclusive and non-exclusive (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1142955)

MaDalton 06-12-2014 10:21 AM

Buying Content - exclusive and non-exclusive

Hi folks,

I was asked if I can write a little about the various types of content and what to take into consideration when buying it - so here we go.

First of all let's define what is exclusive, non-exclusive and semi-exclusive content:

Exclusive (or custom) content is produced exactly to the specifications of the client with the models, location, props etc. he picked. It is sold only once (to this client) and usually the client receives all rights of utilization (internet, print, DVD, TV etc.).

Non-exclusive content can be licensed unlimited times to an unlimited number of licensees. But the rights the licensee acquires are usually limited to internet or print or DVD only. Unless agreed otherwise.

Semi-exclusive content is usually limited either by time (exclusive to one licensee for a certain time frame) or the number of licenses sold (for example max. 10 licenses).

All 3 categories of content have advantages and disadvantages, more about that later.

Now why should you buy content at all since so much stuff is available for free nowadays?

Good news: As a webmaster that only promotes sponsor programs, you probably don't have to buy any. 10 or 15 years back, webmasters used to buy (or "collect") their own content to build galleries etc. simply because no one was giving any to them for free.

Nowadays that's not a problem anymore, sponsor content is free and plenty.

Using that to promote said sponsor program also has the advantage that the surfer will find exactly the same content in the member area that the webmaster used for promotion.

Ok, but what if you need to buy content because you wan to run your own tube or paysite?

First question: Exclusive or non-exclusive content?

This question has been debated to death already and there is only one answer: It depends.

A site like Bang Bus would not have made millions and become this popular if the content wasn't exclusive and specifically produced the way it is for only this site.

On the other hand: Buying exclusive content that features solo girls masturbating on a sofa while the same girls do the same on a different sofa on another website can be a waste of money.

So when you order exclusive content, make it stand out from the rest.

And even more important: Do not buy exclusive content when you have no traffic yet. Even if this advice might hurt my business. ;)

But over the years I have seen many people with great plans that spent tons of money to have great content produced and when they finally started their project, they were surprised that no one came and signed up.

When you spend $2000-$5000 on a single scene you better be sure how to make this money back.

And when we talk about this amount of money, you also better make sure who you deal with. There are plenty of established producers on GFY, just do your homework before sending anyone any money upfront. Ask for references, ask for samples of 2257 documentation, let them show you sites they shot for. None of the established guys will refuse to answer any of those questions and it saves you from losing money.

And please make sure you receive all ID docs, model releases, raw pictures and video data after each shoot, it can always happen that someone goes out of business and will not respond anymore - and without all the docs, your content is worthless.

Now when it comes to non-exclusive content, there are other pitfalls.

Naturally, because it can be sold unlimited times, non-exclusive content is much cheaper, nowadays you can already get scenes for less than 1 USD each.

Now I don't want to debate the quality of this content but I think we all can agree that content cannot be produced for prices like this.

So why is it so cheap? Eventually it has been sold already hundreds of times, it's up to you to decide if this content is still worth anything to you.

But besides this discussion, it has also happened in that past that the original owner of this content didn't know anything about his content being sold to others. So it would be wise of you to ask the content provider for proof that he is allowed to distribute said content. If the provider is legit, he will have no reason to deny that.

Also in case of non-exclusive content make sure to receive all 2257 documentation along with the content. There are people out there that had to delete large libraries they paid for because the provider went out of business and they never received the docs.

And please read the license agreement before you buy non-exclusive content and/or talk to the content provider when you have any questions.

Non-exclusive content usually has limited rights - like internet usage only or limited use of the content for promotion.

You can also not simply buy videos and put them in full length on your tube site and assume it's fine. It is your job to make sure you use the content within the license agreement and it will save you a lot of headache when you follow those rules.

I think that's enough for now, please post any questions you have in this thread and I will do my best to answer.

About the author:
Together with my business partner, I run AmazingContent.com – high quality licensed and custom adult content since 2003. We sell (and broker) non-exclusive content through our online shop and we have shot more than 10,000 custom scenes for various websites over the years.

Dmcontent 06-12-2014 10:33 AM

Well written, next time Kozel is on me

NaughtyRob 06-12-2014 10:38 AM

Good job man!

Markul 06-12-2014 10:38 AM

Awesome. Now start asking your girls to pump that pussy big and swollen :thumbsup

Harmon 06-12-2014 10:47 AM

So let's say I buy an exclusive set from you. Then I distribute said content above and beyond the license that I signed on?

Do you care? You probably do, but what are you going to do about it? Nothing. Yup, that's right NOTHING.

I'll water your shit down, it will be everywhere.

So where does it end? It doesn't? When does it stop becoming profitable to create new content - or will all content be created for free use? You talk about licenses and yadda yadda like it matters. You know as well as I it doesn't.

I should create a business just buying exclusive content (one time) that is to only be used inside of members areas, for one website, whatever and water it down to only 100 licenses. Maybe 1,000? What will you do about it? There is nothing you can do. It's in the wild. Payments? I'm pretty sure that can be worked out.

I'd never do it, just playing devil's advocate. I appreciate the work you guys do. Unfortunately? Nobody else does. They jerk off for free.... remember?

So what do you do in that scenario? Why go to you when everybody can just wait for some schmuck to buy it first and then steal it?

Klen 06-12-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmcontent (Post 20121953)

Good taste,i love kozel as well.Tho sviany is better.

MaDalton 06-12-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmon (Post 20121969)
So let's say I buy an exclusive set from you. Then I distribute said content above and beyond the license that I signed on?

Do you care? You probably do, but what are you going to do about it? Nothing. Yup, that's right NOTHING.

I'll water your shit down, it will be everywhere.

So where does it end? It doesn't? When does it stop becoming profitable to create new content - or will all content be created for free use? You talk about licenses and yadda yadda like it matters. You know as well as I it doesn't.

I should create a business just buying exclusive content (one time) that is to only be used inside of members areas, for one website, whatever and water it down to only 100 licenses. Maybe 1,000? What will you do about it? There is nothing you can do. It's in the wild. Payments? I'm pretty sure that can be worked out.

I'd never do it, just playing devil's advocate. I appreciate the work you guys do. Unfortunately? Nobody else does. They jerk off for free.... remember?

So what do you do in that scenario? Why go to you when everybody can just wait for some schmuck to buy it first and then steal it?

well, when you buy an EXCLUSIVE set from me, you hopefully paid my invoice. :winkwink:

And then I don't mind what you do with it, it's up to our clients to take care of piracy problems.

But if you buy a non-exclusive set from my store and violate the license agreement, for example by putting videos in full length on tube sites, I will have them removed.

But you would be surprised, our business still does quite well - actually better today than in our earlier years.

Harmon 06-12-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDalton (Post 20121984)
well, when you buy an EXCLUSIVE set from me, you hopefully paid my invoice. :winkwink:

And then I don't mind what you do with it, it's up to our clients to take care of piracy problems.

But if you buy a non-exclusive set from my store and violate the license agreement, for example by putting videos in full length on tube sites, I will have them removed.

But you would be surprised, our business still does quite well - actually better today than in our earlier years.

And kudos to you for attempting to get them removed.

That was my question. Are you stating that it's impossible to misuse your content? Or is the content you produce... produced to be misused in the end? Don't play dumb. You know as well as I that once it's out there? It's out there.

MaDalton 06-12-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmcontent (Post 20121953)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 20121973)
Good taste,i love kozel as well.Tho sviany is better.

Actually I'd drink them all, still have a light hangover from Sviany and Pilsen from last night :drinkup

MaDalton 06-12-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmon (Post 20121987)
And kudos to you for attempting to get them removed.

That was my question. Are you stating that it's impossible to misuse your content? Or is the content you produce... produced to be misused in the end? Don't play dumb. You know as well as I that once it's out there? It's out there.

if course it is not impossible, but at least when it comes to exclusive content, it's not in my hands - my clients have paid a good price for it and it is up to them to protect their investment.

it only becomes my problem when they do nothing and then go out of business - and I could name a few of those

controlling our non-exclusive content is also tough but I work with www.xtakedowns.com and make sure that at least file lockers are under control. Can I control if someone really just posts a picture on 5 domains that he owns? Nope.

But you would be surprised how many people actually read the license and ask questions about it.

But I don't live in dream world - if that was your question.

Harmon 06-12-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDalton (Post 20122007)
if course it is not impossible, but at least when it comes to exclusive content, it's not in my hands - my clients have paid a good price for it and it is up to them to protect their investment.

it only becomes my problem when they do nothing and then go out of business - and I could name a few of those

controlling our non-exclusive content is also tough but I work with www.xtakedowns.com and make sure that at least file lockers are under control. Can I control if someone really just posts a picture on 5 domains that he owns? Nope.

But you would be surprised how many people actually read the license and ask questions about it.

But I don't live in dream world - if that was your question.

Well played. Good luck on your sales. Great answer. :thumbsup

NaughtyRob 06-12-2014 01:43 PM

I'll do it. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markul (Post 20121958)
Awesome. Now start asking your girls to pump that pussy big and swollen :thumbsup

MaDalton 06-12-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

make me do it :winkwink:

MaDalton 06-12-2014 02:51 PM

One more addition when it comes to exclusive content and what it costs - something probably all producers can relate to:

https://scontent-a-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/...72953908_n.jpg

:winkwink:

fitzmulti 06-12-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

:thumbsup:thumbsup
Thanks for the orders! I appreciate the opportunities!

Great writing, MaDalton...hope it helps folks to have a better understanding.

bxy 06-12-2014 05:00 PM

I agree, if you buy custom content, it is yours to do with as you like, including resell it a million times over.

Captain Kawaii 06-13-2014 12:55 AM

Excellent post, Stef. Long overdue. Well done.

MaDalton 06-13-2014 05:17 AM

Thank you for the nice words :)

xanadu 06-13-2014 02:28 PM

thanks for the interesting read sir :)

DWB 06-13-2014 02:47 PM

Good read.

I've been burned so many times buying content. It's incredibly important the person you're buying from has an EXCELLENT reputation. Not a good one, but a GREAT one. An impeccable one. Otherwise, you're rolling the dice.

Search their name and company name on every board and Google. If anything comes up negative, pass.

InfoGuy 06-13-2014 07:32 PM

Excellent post. Thanks.

dpankru 10-07-2014 08:44 AM

hello mate

i am owner of a adult network & i offer post, home page link & banners on these sites .

If any one interested then kindly drop mail on [email protected]

Or hit me on skype: ankru.blogger

thanks
ankru

CPGs 10-07-2014 10:18 PM

Good post ... we have made our own exclusive content. I was really careful and scared not wanting it to end up everywhere. We don't allow downloads and use rtmp streams I know not foolproof but helps. My question is how do you search for your stuff and where? I look every week search our keys with "torrent" and "free" but what else and where else do you look?

Empire712 10-29-2014 09:33 AM

@Amazing Content

I was just on your website and reviewed your site. I love the site and I love the fact you got a little of everything on your site to cater to each companies needs. I just joined the site and Tsar is looking to do business with you within the next few weeks. Please do e-mail me at: tsarvideoproductions @ gmail .com as I do have questions for you about licensing.

sarah_teamcmp 10-31-2014 03:34 PM

good read!

MaDalton 11-05-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPGs (Post 20246647)
Good post ... we have made our own exclusive content. I was really careful and scared not wanting it to end up everywhere. We don't allow downloads and use rtmp streams I know not foolproof but helps. My question is how do you search for your stuff and where? I look every week search our keys with "torrent" and "free" but what else and where else do you look?

i work with www.xtakedowns.com and let them do the work - they know where to look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empire712 (Post 20270816)
I was just on your website and reviewed your site. I love the site and I love the fact you got a little of everything on your site to cater to each companies needs. I just joined the site and Tsar is looking to do business with you within the next few weeks. Please do e-mail me at: tsarvideoproductions @ gmail .com as I do have questions for you about licensing.

sorry that i did not notice this earlier, will email you now

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah_teamcmp (Post 20274090)
good read!

thank you!

Karlstorm 11-18-2014 09:47 AM

Thanks for the advise.

Erorina 11-27-2014 03:30 PM

thanks for info

roxanneraid 12-10-2014 04:37 PM

Thanks for tips, great read :D

hotbarbie 12-10-2014 05:33 PM

I am a newb.This knowledge is so vital for people like me, thank you for sharing!

horikh 12-12-2014 01:16 AM

Thanks for super information!

mihaitza 12-12-2014 01:16 AM

This is so true. Learned it the hard way.

zelca4ever 12-12-2014 01:16 AM

thanks buddy

valerynoir 12-12-2014 01:16 AM

Nice insight, thanks for sharing!

cinnemon 12-12-2014 02:40 AM

Great advice!

aditeo 12-12-2014 02:40 AM

Nice insight, thanks for sharing!

Dead 12-15-2014 05:50 PM

This is fucked for certain......Bot with knowledge of the thread for second????Keywords sure,....but then kills itself at 30,ish????

newjack509 12-16-2014 02:42 PM

thank you for your advice! keep it up!

j3rkules 01-05-2016 12:05 PM

I really like the info, thanks for the share.

xxxclusive 01-22-2016 06:24 AM

thanks for this interesting guide!

Tomxxx 02-03-2016 12:36 PM

Thanks for sharing!

blogspot 02-23-2016 02:54 PM

Probably some of the best content on gfy

tristansx 12-28-2016 03:18 PM

that's true man

SauvageAdultDesign 01-05-2017 12:31 PM

Great tips, thanks man!

RealJamCash 01-25-2017 09:59 AM

Thank You!!