GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Webmaster Q & Fuckin' A (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What sort of legal advice do I need? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1158545)

Shrikey 01-08-2015 04:16 PM

What sort of legal advice do I need?

Hey everybody. I'm an aspiring producer / webmaster... Like really far off getting started. I've read up on the legal implications and requirements, but there's not enough information online (at least for a novice with a day job like me) for me to really know I'm not about to get sued/imprisoned.

My question is, how do I find a lawyer who knows the industry, and which sort of lawyer do I need? Sounds like I need someone to help with incorporation, with 2257 and model release forms, and with my state's laws on production. Can that be one lawyer? Do I just phone them up? I'd have thought there'd be a directory!

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Shrikey 01-18-2015 11:18 AM

Any advice, or pointers in the right direction where I should look for advice?

iamBoogieman 01-18-2015 04:23 PM

Bump. :thumbsup

Shy-Girls 01-18-2015 05:26 PM

I apparently can't post url's since I haven't posted enough but if you want to send me a message I have a few resources for you. or e-mail me at support at shy-girls.com

JesseQuinn 01-19-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrikey (Post 20362182)
Any advice, or pointers in the right direction where I should look for advice?

if I were you I'd go straight to the source and book a consultation with a lawyer. while there are a ton of experiences producers here, the issue in searching for legal advice on a forum is that a webmaster/producer doing the exact same work you plan to do may have a different set of rules by which to abide, simply because rules and strictures vary by jurisdiction.

if you do a quick internet search you'll find a ton of listings for lawyers who operate within the adult arena, alternatively you could contact your state's bar association for a referral: Lawyer Referral Directory - ABA (since you mentioned 'state' in your OP I'm assuming you're in the US)

Shrikey 01-19-2015 05:38 PM

Thanks, that helped! My searches were finding entirely the wrong types of lawyers.

fappingJack 02-01-2015 07:07 AM

pumping up :)

rabbitsusa 02-08-2015 04:12 PM

After much searching online, I found a handful of lawyers that specialize in adult websites and 2257. They usually offer a 3 hour consultation package where they teach you everything you need to know and in some cases also include all the necessary contracts. I found three of them in Los Angeles, and one in Florida. The prices vary from $1,000 with all contracts included to $1,800 with no contracts included.

videosc 02-13-2015 06:45 PM

rabbitsusa, why not post the names of the lawyers you found? You might help out others who are searching for this kind of info.