GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Business Services (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tech What software would you pay $100 for? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1277291)

demedia 08-26-2017 07:33 AM

What software would you pay $100 for?

Many "clients" seem to think they can get custom software solutions built for 100 bucks.

Am I overvaluing my services? Do I need a reality check?

What type of software would you expect to get for $100?

I really would like to know. I would appreciate some feedback.

Arnox 08-26-2017 07:52 AM

Nothing too advanced. Whatever would take you 2-3 hours to produce!

demedia 08-26-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnox (Post 21971597)
Nothing too advanced. Whatever would take you 2-3 hours to produce!

Yeah, this is what I am thinking too. But, people seem to have no idea of the complexity level of the solution they want.

In any case, just to see if we are on the same page, can you give me an example of something that can be produced in 2 -3 hours in your opinion?

yuu.design 08-26-2017 09:15 AM

are you programing for apple OS ?

demedia 08-26-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuu (Post 21971691)
are you programing for apple OS ?

I do cross-platform embedded software development with graphical user interfaces that work across a wide range operating systems. I also do other things, like data science/machine learning.

Adraco 08-28-2017 01:56 PM

I would not expect much from a custom made software which would only cost $100 to deelop. It would be maybe some small script in Excel, a macro or something which maybe makes a simple API call and show the response or maybe put into a database. I had a small thing done for just $100 where you sent the address and it responded with the nearest bus stop for a specific city, and there was already a ready made api to send such queries. So Basically it was an input box, send in the required format, receive and handle the response finally display the response back to the user. The API we used was very well documented, so it more or less only required the coder to follow their example and blue print. Was fully functional and delivered in under three hours.

Absolutely nothing complicated at all.

VRR 08-29-2017 12:38 AM

Nothing except some fast fix or patch on something, to be honest. But thats because I know what software development really takes, where customers usually don't. We did a $2000 job as a courtesy the other day for a new customer that required automated video transcoding integrated in our CDN storage, so they could get rid of a beefy dedicated server they had for the job. Speaking with them later, they thought it was a $150-200 job.

AdultB2B 08-30-2017 06:08 AM

You get what you pay for. There are no exceptions.

If someone is selling their services for cheap then that's what their services are worth.

When I need something I'm willing to pay what it takes to create it. It's too bad more aren't like that.

tubescrapper 09-02-2017 08:25 AM

good job

SolaDrive 12-20-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdultB2B (Post 21977879)
You get what you pay for. There are no exceptions.

If someone is selling their services for cheap then that's what their services are worth.

When I need something I'm willing to pay what it takes to create it. It's too bad more aren't like that.

Concur!
Nothing but the truth.
Though it's not all cases where a cheap price correlate with a cheap service
#JustMy2Cent