GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Trump Impeachment Vote Could Happen Next Week (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1280339)

brassmonkey 09-27-2017 03:41 AM

Trump Impeachment Vote Could Happen Next Week

https://i.imgur.com/gub8bp3.jpg

Amid a national controversy about athletes who "take a knee" in silent protest at sporting events, a Democratic lawmaker from Texas says he's making good on his promise to put into motion articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump, a Republican.

"I rise today as a proud American, a person who believes in his country, who salutes the flag and says the Pledge of Allegiance and sings the national anthem," Rep. Al Green said on the House floor Tuesday. "I rise today, Mr. Speaker, to make comments that I never thought I'd have to make in the well of the house of Congress."

Green vowed to file what's called a "privileged resolution" in order to force a vote next week.

article...

nico-t 09-27-2017 03:49 AM

:1orglaugh

bronco67 09-27-2017 04:37 AM

This will go nowhere.

beerptrol 09-27-2017 06:00 AM

Republitards are more concern with advancing their donors agendas and cutting their taxes

onwebcam 09-27-2017 06:32 AM

:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

tfto 09-27-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco67 (Post 22015927)
This will go nowhere.

Exactly. Another waste of time.

2MuchMark 09-27-2017 07:22 AM

As much as I want to see Trump impeached, I know too that this will go nowhere.

As all the legal truths start to emerge, Trump will resign before being impeached, and of course make a speech about how none of anything was his fault, maybe float a new conspiracy theory, etc etc.

Phoenix 09-27-2017 07:45 AM

Geico is pushing for impeachment?

CaptainHowdy 09-27-2017 07:47 AM

Ok, then ...

NatalieK 09-27-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco67 (Post 22015927)
This will go nowhere.

but if it did, wouldn´t it be great for the US & the world :thumbsup

Paul Markham 09-27-2017 08:32 AM

These warnings are getting boring.

brassmonkey 09-27-2017 11:38 AM

you know what's the killer? they don't want vice pres in there. he is very extreme as al green knows.

Rochard 09-27-2017 11:45 AM

It's only a matter of time. At a certain point trump himself and the Republicans will have to accept this is going no where, and it's doing more harm than good. They can remove trump and still keep the White House. The only thing that would change for the Republican party would be losing trump.

baddog 09-27-2017 12:12 PM

Fucking delusional people around here.

brassmonkey 09-27-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 22016519)

you talk like it's not possible :2 cents::2 cents:

Scott McD 09-27-2017 12:18 PM

Good luck with that...

baddog 09-27-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey (Post 22016523)
you talk like it's not possible :2 cents::2 cents:

For a reason.

Scott McD 09-27-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey (Post 22015893)

Amid a national controversy about athletes who "take a knee" in silent protest at sporting events, a Democratic lawmaker from Texas says he's making good on his promise to put into motion articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump, a Republican.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIgF0SyXkAAgt9L?format=jpg

JFK 09-27-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Markham (Post 22016195)
These warnings are getting boring.

Yeah, promises, promises :Oh crap

DraX 09-27-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

No shit, It's like being in a group of "special" kids. Even though the special kids sometimes are more insightful than this gang. :1orglaugh

RyuLion 09-27-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFK (Post 22016565)
Yeah, promises, promises :Oh crap

:2 cents::2 cents::2 cents:

2MuchMark 09-27-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GspotProductions (Post 22016179)
but if it did, wouldn´t it be great for the US & the world :thumbsup

Abso-fucking-lutely. The world would be a much better place without that SOB in the WH.

Quote:

Take your fucking head out of the sand.

1 Day ago:
Trump Impeachment Vote Could Happen Next Week in Response to President's NFL Protest Comments

1 Day ago:
Dem lawmaker threatens to force Trump impeachment vote next week | TheHill

1 Day ago:
How Alabama Senate Election Results Could Trigger Trumpâ??s Impeachment

Will it actually happen? Maybe not considering all the assholes are still on his side, but somehow I don't see them staying there for much longer.

I would fucking LOVE to see Trump impeached. And you know what? You should too.

kane 09-27-2017 02:01 PM

Democrats need to stop with this shit. There is no way the Republicans are going to vote to impeach Trump so this is going to go nowhere and is just wasting time. Earlier today, I read a story that talked about how Trump has said he is going to work with Democrats now in hopes of coming up with a good plan for healthcare that they can vote on in early 2018. Democrats need to focus on that and the tax plan Trump just put forth not chasing shit that is never going to happen.

Let Mueller do his job. If he eventually comes up with something damning, then move forward, but this isn't helping them and it is only envigorating Republicans.

Rochard 09-27-2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22016607)
Democrats need to stop with this shit. There is no way the Republicans are going to vote to impeach Drumpf so this is going to go nowhere and is just wasting time. Earlier today, I read a story that talked about how Trump has said he is going to work with Democrats now in hopes of coming up with a good plan for healthcare that they can vote on in early 2018. Democrats need to focus on that and the tax plan Trump just put forth not chasing shit that is never going to happen.

Let Mueller do his job. If he eventually comes up with something damning, then move forward, but this isn't helping them and it is only envigorating Republicans.

Why wouldn't the Republicans not go along with this? If they impeach Trump it puts Pence in as President, and Ryan in as VP. The only thing that changes is they remove Trump from office. Republicans remain in office, they continue to control the White House, and they remove the one thing that is causing everyone problems.

thommy 09-27-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerptrol (Post 22015993)
Republitards are more concern with advancing their donors agendas and cutting their taxes

exactly and IF that really wents through trump will be impeached FROM THEM !!!

kane 09-27-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22016619)
Why wouldn't the Republicans not go along with this? If they impeach Trump it puts Pence in as President, and Ryan in as VP. The only thing that changes is they remove Trump from office. Republicans remain in office, they continue to control the White House, and they remove the one thing that is causing everyone problems.

They can't and won't go along with it for a few reasons.

1. While they may not like Trump, he remains popular with his base, a base that very well could either turn out and vote against them or just not turn out during the 2018 primaries costing them the House and possibly the Senate. They aren't willing to trade their majority for Pence.

2. At the end of the day party politics typically ends up winning. Let's not forget, during the Republican primaries Trump basically said Ted Cruz's wife was ugly and Cruz hated him so much he said things that pissed off many other Republicans during the convention, yet he has supported him, appeared with him, and even said nice things about him since he has gotten in the White House. You yourself have pointed out on many occasions how unwilling the Republicans are to investigate Trump even when faced with real evidence.

3. Pence would likely be a lame duck President the minute he took the oath and became the POTUS. If you thought the Republican party was fractured and disjointed now, wait until a large number of them vote to impeach. It would cause chaos that would make it hard for Pence to get anything done. If they then went on to lose one or both houses of Congress in 2018 the Democrats would simply block anything he wants to do.

If the Republicans really want Trump out of office their best bet is to wait for the investigation to play out and see what happens. If that brings up an impeachable offense they can move forward and impeach without much worry. If not, then they just ride it out to 2020 and try to run some people against him in the primaries.

thommy 09-27-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22016637)
If the Republicans really want Trump out of office their best bet is to wait for the investigation to play out and see what happens. If that brings up an impeachable offense they can move forward and impeach without much worry. If not, then they just ride it out to 2020 and try to run some people against him in the primaries.

don´t you think the do not have this "impeachable offence" since the start under some table?

i think they can not be THAT dumb to not have it.

but they will not do it before the tax reforms are not done because for this they need one who will be the target of hate.

i am sure they can prove all and everything what is not proven yet but they keep it till the dolls mission has been completed.

kane 09-27-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thommy (Post 22016733)
don´t you think the do not have this "impeachable offence" since the start under some table?

but they will not do it before the tax reforms are not done because for this they need one who will be the target of hate.

i am sure they can prove all and everything what is not proven yet but they keep it till the dolls mission has been completed.

Don't forget, the Republicans literally voted to repeal Obamacare dozens of times knowing full well it would go nowhere. This is just the Democrats playing to their base, but to swing voters it looks like they are just wasting time, effort, and money.

imabro 09-27-2017 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thommy (Post 22016733)

I am not sure if this is a matter that you don't speak English and don't understand American law; or if you are just stupid.

onwebcam 09-27-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MuchMark (Post 22016589)

1 Day ago:
How Alabama Senate Election Results Could Trigger Trump’s Impeachment

Will it actually happen? Maybe not considering all the assholes are still on his side, but somehow I don't see them staying there for much longer.

I would fucking LOVE to see Trump impeached. And you know what? You should too.

You still don't get how this all works I see..

Strange was an establishment pick. He was Mitch McConnells whipping boy. Trump was there to tow the establishment party line. Strange was already losing when Trump was there to stump. So what does Trump do? Total distraction, NFL.

McConnell is the big loser in this one. His people pumped millions into Strange. Strange's loss let's the establishment on both sides know no one is safe. We the people are fucking up the establishment's system. Midterms should be a real hoot.

Trump is playing along to get along meanwhile letting the establishment destroy themselves.

Vendzilla 09-27-2017 06:50 PM

30 out of 50 states picked Trump, the only people that are thinking this could happen are the losers

kane 09-27-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onwebcam (Post 22016871)
You still don't get how this all works I see..

Strange was an establishment pick. He was Mitch McConnells whipping boy. Trump was there to tow the establishment party line. Strange was already losing when Trump was there to stump. So what does Trump do? Total distraction, NFL.

McConnell is the big loser in this one. His people pumped millions into Strange. Strange's loss let's the establishment on both sides know no one is safe. We the people are fucking up the establishment's system. Midterms should be a real hoot.

Trump is playing along to get along meanwhile letting the establishment destroy themselves.

If you think Moore is an outsider/non-establishment pick, you couldn't be more incorrect. He IS the far right establishment. He is a darling of the evangelicals. McConnell didn't want him because he knows he will be another Rand Paul type who will vote against anything that even looks like it might be anywhere left of batshit crazy.

You are right, in that the midterms should be pretty wild. On the Republican side, I don't think we will see many real anti-establishment candidates, but we will likely see right wing establishment candidates Vs. more moderate establishment candidates. I won't be shocked if after the midterms the Republican party finds itself fractured and in a constant struggle between the moderates and the hardcore conservatives.

Robbie 09-27-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22016901)
If you think Moore is an outsider/non-establishment pick, you couldn't be more incorrect. He IS the far right establishment.

I think you are making the mistake of identifying a far-right religious nut with the "establishment".

That's not the case at all.

This guy IS the outsider. He is definitely NOT establishment at all. The establishment spent millions trying to beat him down.

He's nuts. But he's not establishment.

And this is the kind of thing we get when the establishment in Washington is so corrupt and has failed our country so thoroughly that people will vote for ANYONE except the "chosen ones" of the establishment.

Helix 09-27-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 22016129)
Geico is pushing for impeachment?

lmao...you nailed it!

onwebcam 09-27-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22016901)
If you think Moore is an outsider/non-establishment pick, you couldn't be more incorrect. He IS the far right establishment. He is a darling of the evangelicals. McConnell didn't want him because he knows he will be another Rand Paul type who will vote against anything that even looks like it might be anywhere left of batshit crazy.

You are right, in that the midterms should be pretty wild. On the Republican side, I don't think we will see many real anti-establishment candidates, but we will likely see right wing establishment candidates Vs. more moderate establishment candidates. I won't be shocked if after the midterms the Republican party finds itself fractured and in a constant struggle between the moderates and the hardcore conservatives.

Senate Republicans confront the enemy - POLITICO

If Trump teams up with Rand Paul and fixes healthcare by executive order even Rochard will will start seeing a glimmer of light.

Trump preparing executive order to let Americans purchase health insurance across state lines

nikki99 09-27-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico-t (Post 22015897)
:1orglaugh

:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

baddog 09-27-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie (Post 22016907)
I think you are making the mistake of identifying a far-right religious nut with the "establishment".

This guy IS the outsider. He is definitely NOT establishment at all. The establishment spent millions trying to beat him down.

And this is the kind of thing we get when the establishment in Washington is so corrupt and has failed our country so thoroughly that people will vote for ANYONE except the "chosen ones" of the establishment.

I think Kane thinks the establishment is more right than it is.

nikki99 09-27-2017 09:04 PM

https://68.media.tumblr.com/224d5020...amj8o1_400.gif

https://68.media.tumblr.com/b68dc520...wwzbo1_500.gif

kane 09-27-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie (Post 22016907)

I guess it depends on what your definition of establishment is. The far right of the party is part of the establishment. It is the foundation of the party. It's why Republican candidates bow to them. That is establishment. This guy from Alabama has been heavily involved in politics since the 1980's and he is on the far right. If that isn't establishment, I don't know what is.

The other guy, Moore, was also part of the establishment.

Both parties have two different "wings" of the establishment. For the Republicans, it is the evangelicals and the more moderates like McCain, Graham, McConnell etc. For the Democrats, the far left establishment is now led by Bernie Sanders. He likes to portray himself as a revolutionary and an outsider, but he has been in the Senate for 16 years and has been in politics since the 1980's. The more moderate side of the party still has people like Obama, Clinton, Biden etc heavily influencing it. All of them are part of the establishment, they just fall in different parts of the spectrum.

kmanrox 09-27-2017 09:41 PM

yawnzzzzz

kane 09-27-2017 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onwebcam (Post 22016919)
Senate Republicans confront the enemy - POLITICO

If Trump teams up with Rand Paul and fixes healthcare by executive order even Rochard will will start seeing a glimmer of light.

Trump preparing executive order to let Americans purchase health insurance across state lines

Being allowed to purchase insurance across state lines with change nothing. There are already several states that allow it and so far there have been zero insurance companies who have taken up the offer and moved into those areas. Some places, where there might be enough people for them to make a profit, might see some more choices, but the problem is Trump is also trying to kill the money that is given to people to help them pay for it. Without that money, people won't be able to afford it no matter how many options they have and Rand Paul is not about to agree with him when it comes to giving people money.

newB 09-27-2017 10:50 PM

Whole lot of people here with absolutely no idea what impeachment is. :1orglaugh

Impeachment is the investigation into whether a government official has committed a crime. It does NOT mean removal from office.

Two US Presidents have been successfully impeached, and neither were removed from office.
1. Andrew Johnson
2. Bill Clinton

* Both Democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeac..._United_States

onwebcam 09-27-2017 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22016999)
Being allowed to purchase insurance across state lines with change nothing. There are already several states that allow it and so far there have been zero insurance companies who have taken up the offer and moved into those areas. Some places, where there might be enough people for them to make a profit, might see some more choices, but the problem is Trump is also trying to kill the money that is given to people to help them pay for it. Without that money, people won't be able to afford it no matter how many options they have and Rand Paul is not about to agree with him when it comes to giving people money.

It's all about creating competition in the market. Being allowed to purchase across state lines creates competition. In addition, allowing groups to pool together to negotiate lower prices helps further. The adult industry could have it's own insurance association. As with any other industry it should drive down prices. If insurance companies need more profit they have to go to the providers and make them reduce costs. Again driving down prices.

As it is right now insurance companies base pricing/profit/losses on localities. This is why they are pulling out of one place and not others. Something as simple as forcing them to base profits as a whole of the US would help a lot. As of January 2018 Knoxville TN will have 0 providers in ACA. Something like 40k people will lose their insurance and there is no replacement option. That's because the only provider remaining can't sustain all the losses. The same thing happening there will begin to spread across the US.

kane 09-28-2017 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onwebcam (Post 22017063)
It's all about creating competition in the market. Being allowed to purchase across state lines creates competition. In addition, allowing groups to pool together to negotiate lower prices helps further. The adult industry could have it's own insurance association. As with any other industry it should drive down prices. If insurance companies need more profit they have to go to the providers and make them reduce costs. Again driving down prices.

As it is right now insurance companies base pricing/profit/losses on localities. This is why they are pulling out of one place and not others. Something as simple as forcing them to base profits as a whole of the US would help a lot. As of January 2018 Knoxville TN will have 0 providers in ACA. Something like 40k people will lose their insurance and there is no replacement option. That's because the only provider remaining can't sustain all the losses. The same thing happening there will begin to spread across the US.

I understand how it is supposed to work, but just because a company can take on customers across state lines doesn't mean they will.

Read this. In states like Wyoming, Maine, and Georgia they already allow buying insurance across state lines and it has been a bust because no insurance companies have been interested in taking on customers from those states.

The only way this could work is if they change the law so that states can't enact consumer protections but even that likely won't really help. In the aforementioned states, there are insurers that already meet those state's protection standards yet they still refuse to sell in them because they don't see any benefit in it. Much of this is caused by states not expanding Medicaid so those who are sick and have preexisting conditions end up on the insurers roles and the insurers lose money on them.

crockett 09-28-2017 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22016637)
They can't and won't go along with it for a few reasons.

1. While they may not like Trump, he remains popular with his base, a base that very well could either turn out and vote against them or just not turn out during the 2018 primaries costing them the House and possibly the Senate. They aren't willing to trade their majority for Pence.

2. At the end of the day party politics typically ends up winning. Let's not forget, during the Republican primaries Trump basically said Ted Cruz's wife was ugly and Cruz hated him so much he said things that pissed off many other Republicans during the convention, yet he has supported him, appeared with him, and even said nice things about him since he has gotten in the White House. You yourself have pointed out on many occasions how unwilling the Republicans are to investigate Trump even when faced with real evidence.

3. Pence would likely be a lame duck President the minute he took the oath and became the POTUS. If you thought the Republican party was fractured and disjointed now, wait until a large number of them vote to impeach. It would cause chaos that would make it hard for Pence to get anything done. If they then went on to lose one or both houses of Congress in 2018 the Democrats would simply block anything he wants to do.

No one gives a shit about his 30% base.. His base even voted against his pick in the AL election.

ilnjscb 09-28-2017 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MuchMark (Post 22016089)
As much as I want to see Trump impeached, I know too that this will go nowhere.

As all the legal truths start to emerge, Trump will resign before being impeached, and of course make a speech about how none of anything was his fault, maybe float a new conspiracy theory, etc etc.

When do you say this will happen, and do you want to make a bet?

Phoenix 09-28-2017 05:45 AM

http://culturespill.com/wp-content/u..._caveman_0.jpg