GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Serious Random question....Readers?? Anyone? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1294297)

JustDaveXxx 02-12-2018 01:18 PM

Serious Random question....Readers?? Anyone?

Serious Random question:

Do you use readers? And if so when did you start using them?

Im 45 and just noticed they seriously help when im writing checks out to talent.

Im also afraid they will actually help me on other aspects soon; Shooting video, shooting stills, working on my macs, etc.

I already wear contacts to make my vision 20/20, but that close up stuff is starting to be a pain in the ass.

Getting old blows!!

Anyone?? Curious.

Yeah and i do miss you guys..:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

Just Dave

brassmonkey 02-12-2018 01:24 PM

jeezus took you a long time to type gfy.com hahaha!!! :1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh i have to turn the lights up to read small shit now :( never needed glasses

JustDaveXxx 02-12-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey (Post 22202041)
jeezus took you a long time to type gfy.com hahaha!!! :1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh i have to turn the lights up to read small shit now :( never needed glasses

HAHAHAHA!!

Yes lights need to be bright when i read small shit. But when im reading contracts, and writing checks these things are amazing! Thats the shit i don't like!!

i use a -150 when i actually use them.

This has been my new dirty little secrete question to other shooters. They seem to all need them as well and they are a must for critical focus for them.

I don't need them when i shoot, but i have a feeling in the next 5 years I will. So lame!!

And for me being gone; im shooting 12-18 scenes per month and im a full time single dad to a 7 year old son and a 10 year old daughter. I get no help from their mother or anyone that im not paying! But I have been doing it well for 18 months with no issues.

I defiantly miss you guys.

Just Dave

kane 02-12-2018 01:37 PM

About six months ago I bought a pair of readers. I have glasses, but they are mostly for distance stuff and I started realizing reading books or anything close up was getting harder. I went to the eye doctor and they suggested I get a pair of reading glasses and told me what magnification to get. They work great. I feel really old now that I have two different pair of glasses that I need in different situations. lol

brassmonkey 02-12-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22202065)
About six months ago I bought a pair of readers. I have glasses, but they are mostly for distance stuff and I started realizing reading books or anything close up was getting harder. I went to the eye doctor and they suggested I get a pair of reading glasses and told me what magnification to get. They work great. I feel really old now that I have two different pair of glasses that I need in different situations. lol

omg! my boss had a pair on a string and a pair to read small shit :1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

Busty2 02-12-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDaveXxx (Post 22202031)
Serious Random question:

Do you use readers? And if so when did you start using them?

Im 45 and just noticed they seriously help when im writing checks out to talent.

Im also afraid they will actually help me on other aspects soon; Shooting video, shooting stills, working on my macs, etc.

I already wear contacts to make my vision 20/20, but that close up stuff is starting to be a pain in the ass.

Getting old blows!!

Anyone?? Curious.

Yeah and i do miss you guys..:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

Just Dave

You are correct getting old sucks monkey balls.
My first ever need for glasses ( cheaters ) was when i was 55, my long distance vision was fine. But as i get as old as dirt cheaters not longer do it for me and i need prescription readers. You will notice as time goes by astigmatism, chromatic aberration etc cannot be fixed with readers. :helpme

CaptainHowdy 02-13-2018 09:33 AM

Welcome back, older Just Dave ...

JustDaveXxx 02-13-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busty2 (Post 22202119)
You are correct getting old sucks monkey balls.
My first ever need for glasses ( cheaters ) was when i was 55, my long distance vision was fine. But as i get as old as dirt cheaters not longer do it for me and i need prescription readers. You will notice as time goes by astigmatism, chromatic aberration etc cannot be fixed with readers. :helpme

Fuck!! Really?? So sucks!

Just Dave

Jim_Gunn 02-13-2018 10:14 PM

I'm a few years older than you Dave and also have been wearing contact lenses for decades. I also have 20/20 vision with my contacts. Likewise, I spend a lot of time looking at screens on my phone, laptop, and cameras, not to mention small print on paperwork and elsewhere. But so far I've been lucky enough to avoid needing any help and can still read the small print at the bottom of the eye chart. My eye doctor who I have been going to for twenty years tells me every year that I'm really lucky and that the day is coming where things will change because age makes the muscles that allow the eye to re-focus from close distance to longer distance give out for everyone. She had a theory that TRT helps stave it off as well, but I'm sure it will catch up to everyone at some point.