GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Business AWE whitelabel & robots.txt (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1305573)

pemevus 11-08-2018 08:23 AM

AWE whitelabel & robots.txt

Hi guys,
is anyone here who is still using whitelabel site by AWE?
Now they are blocking googlebot in robots.txt:

Code:

User-agent: Googlebot
Disallow: /

User-agent: *
Allow: /
Crawl-delay: 1

Support doesnt replay me form more than 1 year... :Oh crap

bns666 11-08-2018 08:40 AM

it's like that for a long time.

Denny 11-08-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bns666 (Post 22363839)
it's like that for a long time.

:2 cents::pimp

sarettah 11-08-2018 10:35 AM

Bump for biz :thumbsup

TFCash 11-08-2018 10:47 AM

Whitelabels are best used if you have your own source of traffic to send to them. If you want to get SE traffic to a site then your better off using a package that let's you build pages based on the Cam's and then direct traffic into the main sites. User blackmonsters here on gfy makes a WP plugin that pulls from a number of cam shops and let's you create pages for the girls that are online.

EconfirmPro

good luck:thumbsup

Freedoom 11-08-2018 10:53 AM

I related this issue to them a long time ago, and they replied to me:

They said they tried to give several options in the past to Webmasters so that we can customize our Whitelabels to have unique content on the site so that Google doesn't consider them as having thin content. Despite the efforts, Google started penalizing the Whitelabels, and they even started to penalize their brand sites.

So to avoid further penalties for the WhiteLabels and their sites alike, they canonicalized them to Livesex.com. They said that this way they are not indexed, but they also avoid being penalized.

Same goes not only for the WhiteLabels but to their sister sites, too (MyCams.com, LivePrivates, etc.).

Having more canonical links to Livesex.com might have been the side effect, but it was not the goal.

This was what they told me

xxx6live 11-08-2018 01:10 PM

Yeah,

and exactly therefore (the canonical) you should block it via robots.txt so it at least ranks for its domain name.

If you block it in robots.txt Google does not does not see the canonical. So it will rank for the domain name (but nothing else).

There is a checkbox in the "SEO" section saying "Allow robots" - remove it and it is disallowed via robots.txt.

incredibleworkethic 11-08-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxx6live (Post 22364117)
Yeah,

and exactly therefore (the canonical) you should block it via robots.txt so it at least ranks for its domain name.

If you block it in robots.txt Google does not does not see the canonical. So it will rank for the domain name (but nothing else).

There is a checkbox in the "SEO" section saying "Allow robots" - remove it and it is disallowed via robots.txt.

I have clicked allow robots and it was working before. I have been in contact with support they say they are having an issue and are working on it.

Not sure why it's taking so long to remove a line of text but it is. :upsidedow

RyuLion 11-08-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TFCash (Post 22363963)
Whitelabels are best used if you have your own source of traffic to send to them. If you want to get SE traffic to a site then your better off using a package that let's you build pages based on the Cam's and then direct traffic into the main sites. User blackmonsters here on gfy makes a WP plugin that pulls from a number of cam shops and let's you create pages for the girls that are online.

EconfirmPro

good luck:thumbsup

:2 cents::2 cents::2 cents: