GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Would you / do you eat escargot? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1345789)

Furf 06-12-2021 04:54 PM

Would you / do you eat escargot?

That's snails.

Ask me a few months ago and I would have said hell no but since then I have read much about it and many people are saying it is really good and that it's worth trying some people say its nice with garlic what about you have you had escargot I think many people eat it reguraly like people from spain and france what about you do you eat it would you recommend it I think next time i goto a fancy resturant that serves escargot i am going to try it.

Sly 06-12-2021 05:15 PM

I've had it, it's pretty good.

EddyTheDog 06-12-2021 05:52 PM

I have had it and it tastes nice - I can't get the idea that it's land snails out of head though...

Look Chang 06-12-2021 07:21 PM

I do and it's delicious. :winkwink:

dcortez 06-12-2021 07:35 PM

Yep. Escargot is tasty, but the big part of that is the buttery garlic sauce that smothers the meat. I wonder what they would taste like just cooked without flavouring.

ilnjscb 06-12-2021 10:06 PM

No, but I disagree with myself

JesseQuinn 06-12-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcortez (Post 22873008)
Yep. Escargot is tasty, but the big part of that is the buttery garlic sauce that smothers the meat. I wonder what they would taste like just cooked without flavouring.

well you could smother a piece of paper with butter and garlic and it would probably appeal to many :upsidedow

tried it once, when I was a kid travelling through France. maybe it just wasn't prepared well but I ate it w/o dipping it in the butter sauce cuz I don't like the feel of oil in my mouth

found the texture disgusting. don't care for chewy food. recall discreetly spitting it out cuz I couldn't swallow it. it wasn't the taste, it was the texture. nothing to do with it being a snail

also recall my aunt telling me it was a really healthy food but I gave no fucks about that

now uni on the other hand (technically the private parts of the sea urchin) is delicious, wicked texture too. no oily condiments required. haven't eaten it in decades but remember it fondly

it's pretty high in fat content though :/

CurrentlySober 06-13-2021 04:57 AM

I'll stuff my fat fucking face with absolutely anything, provided it contains calories... I do it on autopilot, 24/7. dont even look at what I'm eating...

NALEM 06-13-2021 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseQuinn (Post 22873042)
well you could smother a piece of paper with butter and garlic and it would probably appeal to many :upsidedow

tried it once, when I was a kid travelling through France. maybe it just wasn't prepared well but I ate it w/o dipping it in the butter sauce cuz I don't like the feel of oil in my mouth

found the texture disgusting. don't care for chewy food. recall discreetly spitting it out cuz I couldn't swallow it. it wasn't the taste, it was the texture. nothing to do with it being a snail

Pretty much anything with a garlic butter sauce can become tasty. I've had it a few times, from slightly chewy to very chewy.

Had Capybara down in Colombia. It's an over sized guinea pig of sorts. Technically its a rodent. Waitress said it tastes like chicken. No, it actually has the texture and taste of pork.

blackmonsters 06-13-2021 07:27 AM

I've eaten escargot and I hardly tasted anything.
I expected more.

:2 cents:

adultchatpay 06-13-2021 07:32 AM

It's actually tasty. Ate it many times already.

dcortez 06-13-2021 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseQuinn (Post 22873042)

also recall my aunt telling me it was a really healthy food but I gave no fucks about that

now uni on the other hand (technically the private parts of the sea urchin) is delicious, wicked texture too. no oily condiments required. haven't eaten it in decades but remember it fondly

it's pretty high in fat content though :/

:) In the food group of disgusting textures, dogfish ranks number 1 in my books.

Furf 06-13-2021 11:09 AM

Thank you. An allround yes for escargot then!
Surprised so many have it and enjoy it actually. Are they the same as the ones you get in your garden and can you eat the ones without a house?

JesseQuinn 06-13-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcortez (Post 22873115)
:) In the food group of disgusting textures, dogfish ranks number 1 in my books.

have never tried, gracias for the pro tip :)

dcortez 06-13-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furf (Post 22873175)
Surprised so many have it and enjoy it actually. Are they the same as the ones you get in your garden and can you eat the ones without a house?

Are you talking about slugs (without "a house")?

NALEM 06-13-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furf (Post 22873175)

There are quite a few cousins of the snails used in upscale and fine dining. Yes the ones in your garden are likely fine, but you must make sure they have not digested pesticides or other harmful chemicals, as this will be passed on to you, and second, you need to purge their current digestive system, by feeding them a controlled diet of normal vegetables (and herbs) for two to three days. This way the unknown __________ is pushed out.

Bon appetit!

Furf 06-13-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NALEM (Post 22873189)
There are quite a few cousins of the snails used in upscale and fine dining. Yes the ones in your garden are likely fine, but you must make sure they have not digested pesticides or other harmful chemicals, as this will be passed on to you, and second, you need to purge their current digestive system, by feeding them a controlled diet of normal vegetables (and herbs) for two to three days. This way the unknown __________ is pushed out.

Bon appetit!

Thankyou for the good information. Maybe I try breeding them in a good environment.

sarettah 06-13-2021 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furf (Post 22873203)
Thankyou for the good information. Maybe I try breeding them in a good environment.

I am positive that breeding with a snail is illegal.

Look Chang 06-13-2021 07:31 PM

https://blog.mustdotravels.com/wp-co...9/Escargot.jpg

Bon Appétit ! :winkwink::winkwink::winkwink:

PorcoRosso 06-13-2021 11:38 PM

Escargot are really nice, indeed.
When I was a kid I struggled with the idea of eating slimes that have spent hours salivating on the floor... but then I realised that they're just land shrimps and that's fine with me :-D

Manfap 06-14-2021 04:41 AM

I dont, but my land is full of snails, I let a couple of Moroccan guys in the other day to collect them, they were here around 3 hours and left with two large buckets full of them.

A win win, they were happy to get the snails, I was happy to get around 10kg of them off my land.

They're coming back in a couple of weeks to pick more.

Djoped 06-14-2021 08:28 AM

well, that is yummy

Djoped 06-14-2021 08:29 AM

One of the best I must say

ruff 06-14-2021 08:48 AM

A person does not have to eat every goddamn piece of crawling shit that exists on the planet.

CaptainHowdy 06-14-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruff (Post 22873565)
A person does not have to eat every goddamn piece of crawling shit that exists on the planet.

:1orglaugh :2 cents: . . .

Manfap 06-14-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NALEM (Post 22873189)

Bon appetit!

Some people use carrots, when the poo turns orange, you know you're good.

CurrentlySober 06-14-2021 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manfap (Post 22873578)
Some people use carrots, when the poo turns orange, you know you're good.

I stuck a carrot up my ass about a week ago, yet none of my poo is orange so far... :(

fuzebox 06-14-2021 12:09 PM

Sure, they're delicious...

How is escargot different than most shellfish?

Mr Pheer 06-14-2021 12:32 PM

Doesnt taste any worse that a buttered crotch

Furf 06-14-2021 02:25 PM

A basic question. How do they 'come' on your plate. Do they come in shell or out of shell?
If in a shell do you poke them out with a stick or how does it work.
The photo above shows them in a shell. What do you use to eat them?

fuzebox 06-14-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furf (Post 22873719)
A basic question. How do they 'come' on your plate. Do they come in shell or out of shell?

I've almost always had them out of their shell in little cups of garlic butter.

The photos you see with them served in shells, they have actually been put back into those shells after preparation for serving (or new clean shells, empty snail shells are very common to buy in grocery stores).

https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/6da/...cial.w1200.jpg

Furf 06-14-2021 04:14 PM

Thanksyou

Look Chang 06-14-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furf (Post 22873719)

Use a "une fourchette et une pince à escargots" to eat them in a shell... :winkwink:

https://bar-et-vin.fr/wp-content/upl...-0-768x768.jpg

XMaster 06-15-2021 02:02 AM

I'm french.
And no, I won't eat escargots

AmeliaG 06-16-2021 07:35 PM

I ate it periodically when I lived in Europe, but it's not something I ever miss being in the States or feel a craving for.

bugmenot4real 06-17-2021 12:29 AM

disgusting

Ramirez 06-17-2021 12:29 AM

It's quite delicious.

CashtoCode_Gio 06-17-2021 01:42 AM

never had the French ones, we have a few receipts in my region south Italy and I'm craving for my mamma's ones with hot sauce and laurel

on the other side when I see ppl eating other insects (trendy now in mainstream as a future source of sustainable proteins) I reject the idea...cultural incrustation probably

NatalieMojoHost 06-17-2021 02:11 AM

tried it once, tastes like snot (:

ZTT 06-17-2021 02:21 AM

I do, but since 9/11 I call them freedom slugs.