GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Counter dmca notification youtube (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=901833)

SmokeyTheBear 04-25-2009 08:52 AM

Counter dmca notification youtube

Thank you for your cooperation, it appears the dmca notification was fraudulant, your account has been re-instated.

Youtube dmca.

--------------------------------

This is the message ( not word for word ) i got from youtube.

Backstory.

My youtube account got banned because i recieved dmca complaints from aaliyah's record label.

Actually i had several accounts banned from the same record labels dmca's.

The first time i just made a new account. I filed a counter notification but neither time did it work, so this last time i wrote them a letter and they reinstated my account.

What i found kind of funny was the whole process is obviously flawed. The company making the complaints had ZERO actual complaint , there was no substance, i.e. nothing in the video that could even be partially misconstrued as infringement. Real dmca counter notifications did nothing, it ended up being a carefully laid out email that did the trick. Well isn't that exactly how it worked before dmca ? They obviously used their judgement to see if the video was infringing and thus reinstated the videos and account without waiting the grace period as described in the dmca notification/counter notification process.

Anyways if you have ever had your youtube account pulled from false dmca or invalid reasons, screw the "process" just use the old "explain yourself" approach :thumbsup

AaronM 04-25-2009 09:02 AM

I'm curious as to what was in your videos that prompted the DMCA claim in the first place.

TisMe 04-25-2009 10:53 AM

Filing a fraudulent DMCA notice opens up treble damages if a complaint is brought against the filer.

gideongallery 04-25-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TisMe (Post 15788064)
Filing a fraudulent DMCA notice opens up treble damages if a complaint is brought against the filer.

not yet, that an argument made under the current case (Sherman anti-trust violation of the monopoly)
that has not been established
you can counter sue for damages though.

SmokeyTheBear 04-25-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronM (Post 15787812)
I'm curious as to what was in your videos that prompted the DMCA claim in the first place.

nothing at all , i scoured my brain just trying to figure out how they could have possibly found it in the first place, the video was about pamela anderson ( the last one they filed against )

What i think was , i did have a video with aaliyah( the record labels star client ) in the title but no content that was from or really about her, i think they found that video in a search and prob just filed against every video on the search list assuming it was copyright, then the next day they filed a half dozen videos that had nothing to do with her to get the account banned so i couldnt counter file. On youtube if a video is removed due to copyright they dont ban your account, but if you get a bunch together or something it must auto-ban you because anyone reviewng the account would have seen there were no issues with copyright.

The company is known for its attempts to blackball people. timberland has a lawsuit against them

Barefootsies 04-25-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TisMe (Post 15788064)

:2 cents:

who 04-25-2009 04:10 PM

I care like an Iraqi cares for your dog's foodbowl color.

WiredGuy 04-25-2009 07:38 PM

You'd be surprised how many BS DMCA requests I get on a daily basis from people claiming I'm infringing on their content. They just have administrative clerks file out batches of DMCA's by the hundreds that they don't even look if its their content. I have yet to find a legit DMCA take down notice yet, almost all of them are BS and my hosts have always agreed with my side in disputes.
WG

blogsy 04-26-2009 12:49 AM

I'm surprised you managed to open up a communication channel with youtube. Any time I try and contact them seems my emails dissapear into a void of some sort.

georgeyw 04-26-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blogsy (Post 15789570)
I'm surprised you managed to open up a communication channel with youtube. Any time I try and contact them seems my emails dissapear into a void of some sort.

Same here - what email address did you send to Smokey?

WDG 04-26-2009 09:40 PM

Congrats. I'm surprised anyone at Youtube even gave you an answer.

They've pulled millions of videos in the last few weeks on there, they must have been feeling a lot of heat recently.

Agent 488 04-26-2009 09:45 PM

i've had some and i think they came from some keyword triggered bots.