GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   NATS and Zombaio are not working together (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=959013)

Boffin 03-18-2010 05:41 AM

NATS and Zombaio are not working together

Hi.

Recently I set up Zombaio as one of our billings. I liked their processing fee hence I choosed the billing, but there is a problem that they do not create new users in .htpasswd files and I should do it manually each time user subscribes.

I've contacted Zombaio's and NATS's supports several times regarding the issue, but they both shift the responsibility for creating users onto each other.

The last email I received from Zomaio's support explicitly said:

Quote:

We provide a member management solution with .htpasswd files
but our solution will not work with NATS
I just cannot believe it because NATS is the most popular affiliate program software and not to support them is actually nonsense.

So, the question is does anybody here owns partnership program on NATS and succeeded to setup Zombaio for it?

TheDoc 03-18-2010 05:52 AM

Don't use htpasswd files then.... auth of the nats database, which is where Zomb will put the member data.

charlieb 03-18-2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boffin (Post 16956280)
Hi.

Recently I set up Zombaio as one of our billings. I liked their processing fee hence I choosed the billing, but there is a problem that they do not create new users in .htpasswd files and I should do it manually each time user subscribes.

I've contacted Zombaio's and NATS's supports several times regarding the issue, but they both shift the responsibility for creating users onto each other.

I just cannot believe it because NATS is the most popular affiliate program software and not to support them is actually nonsense.

So, the question is does anybody here owns partnership program on NATS and succeeded to setup Zombaio for it?

can you give me the ticket # Please

charlieb 03-18-2010 06:06 AM

Zombaio is supported in Nats 3 & 4

SCORE Ralph 03-18-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoc (Post 16956306)
Don't use htpasswd files then.... auth of the nats database, which is where Zomb will put the member data.

What TheDoc said... most billers' forms/buttons/etc wont work if you go through the biller/processor. You need to use the NATS functions to accomplish the same.

kowalsky 03-18-2010 08:13 AM

I use Zombaio and NATS. I am working with MySQL DB.

Wizzo 03-18-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

If its a NATS question, Doc always has the answer if there is one... :thumbsup

Dappz 03-18-2010 08:28 AM

ummmmmmmm hoping it could find solution for that

Boffin 03-18-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Yes. I also think that using NATS DB is better solution. But I made a wrong choice using .htpasswd year ago when we launched teenharbour.com and bombucks.com and now prefer to find solution (if any) working with .htpasswd.
I just really-really don't understand why there is a problem with Zombaio while other billings are working fine with both - .htpasswd and NATS database.

fatfoo 03-18-2010 08:27 PM

Zombaio does not work with NATS. Thanks for informing, Boffin.

Boffin 03-18-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieb (Post 16956331)
Zombaio is supported in Nats 3 & 4

The ticket ID is 0799-03003-0002

The problem is also that documentation in your wiki's Zombaio page and Zombaio's documentation contradict each other.
You are writting that:
Quote:

you do need to set a postback URL for each of your sites. Log into your Zombaio account, click the Tools button, select Website Management, and edit one of your sites. In the ZScript field, enter the following URL: process_zombaio.php
However Zombaio installs their own script for each site and want the script will be called as callback when user subscribes.

FrozenJag 03-18-2010 08:39 PM

I use zombaio and nats.

hmmm

TiaLing 03-18-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boffin (Post 16956280)
Hi.

Boffin,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and now I know they have. We had the exact same issue and couldn't get nats or especially zombaio to fix the issue . We contacted zombaio numerous times over the issue and eventually just gave up. I had Zombaio first in my cascade and was happy except that every few days new members would email saying their password wasn't working. At any rate, my site was the test site so to speak for methodcash. Since knowone would fix it .... zombaio lost out on quite a bit of business. At any rate, we could never get it resolved. I see here that some never had any issues but it may be only certain versions of nats that this happens with ... not sure .... I think method is nats 3 but not sure.

Tia

TheDoc 03-18-2010 09:03 PM

Each site in nats can post to out to any place you want - takes a little script magic of course, but is possible to make a script create/update a htpass file for you on each post that comes in from any biller.

However I highly recommend you go with mysql to auth.. for security, speed, duplicate user issues, and manual inserts that are never removed giving you 1000's of active members you can't remove and possible file corruption.